Friday, February 15, 2019

Fear Street Friday-- We Will Go Down With These Ships




Happy Valentine's Day(ish) Fear Street fans!!

We're not the most romance-centric bunch that you'd ever meet, but in honor of the holiday we decided to share with you our ultimate ships (romantic relationships we like) and OTPs (One True Pairs).  We broke it down into Fear Street (which was super hard because these Shadyside High relationships are NOT good) AND our other favorite ships from TV/Movies/Books.

(PS- Click on the book covers for more info about them)


AND if your Valentine's Day didn't rock-- we've got you covered with THESE break-up songs to rock-out to!!



Fear Street Ships


Dawn/Leather Jacket - Prom Queen

  • Dawn and that Leather Jacket have been through a lot together. She saved it from a life of the unfashionable and it saved her from a knife.  Plus, in true Fear Street mode, she stole if from her "friend".


Angelica/Simon - The Burning

  • Dark powers, evil schemes and more money than they know what to do with. Angelica and Simon were meant to be together. They're two peas in a homicidal pod, except Angelica's better with magic. They should have stayed in New Orleans and continued to force their will on the rest of the high society fodder. 


Other Ships


Joey/Pacey - Dawson's Creek

  • The OTP to beat all OTPs. Pacey is still the perfect guy and around him Joey becomes much more bearable. I've been a Pacey/Joey 'shipper since that episode in season 1 where they have to do the horny frog science project together. So romantic. 


Faith/Wesley - Angel the Series

  • This 'ship comes with caveats. I only 'ship Faith/Wesley season 3 of Angel and beyond; after Faith and Wesley have both hit rock bottom and are starting to figure out how to make up for the shit they've pulled. They're both angsty and contrite and perfect for each other. 


Chuck/Blair - Gossip Girl

  • This one is simple. They're both too smart and too classy for everyone else in NYC. The only good parts of Gossip Girl were Chuck and Blair scheming together. I love scheming Chuck and Blair!




Fear Street Ships


Della & Pete- The Overnight OTP

  • These 2 are totally endgame-- I mean it's the least dysfunctional relationship in Shadyside that we've seen so far!



Cory- The New Girl & Lea- The Secret Bedroom

  • I'm shipping these 2 because they're both stalkers and probably belong together?  Lea may not have been as straight up stupid as Corey, but she sure was as dense.  Girl was always showing up places thinking she was going to get with Don-- NEWS FLASH, he's just not that into you!!  With that kind of commitment to a non-real romance, I think she's perfect for Corey.


Other Ships


Joey and Pacey- Dawson's Creek OTP

  • Is there a fictional character better than Pacey Witter??  When there is a love triangle, I'm usually on the wrong side of it-- so when this actually happened?!?!?!?  Well, let's just say the series finale is one of my most watched episodes of any show ever (that and, of course, the K-Mart lock-in episode).



Movie Katniss & Peeta- The Hunger Games

  • Book Katniss and Peeta did not do it for me.  In the book, Katniss is SO understandably messed-up and emotionally closed off.  In the movie, Katniss fucking LOVES Peeta and it is NOT an act for the capitol.  I felt that love.


Dylan & Brenda- Beverly Hills 90210

  • Brenda and Dylan forever.  If you shipped Dylan & Kelly or Dylan & whoever else on this show, you were wrong and I will fight you over it :)



Cinder & Thorne- The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer

  • If you read the Lunar Chronicles series, you know that Cinder is meant to be with Kai and Thorne is meant to be with Cress.  And to that I say: NO!!  Cress is SO annoying and definitely not socially ready to be in a relationship.  And Cinder had so much more chemistry with Thorne than she did with Kai.  I knew it wasn't going to happen, but in my head it did!!




Fear Street Ship


Corky and Ricky- The New Year's Party

  • I know you both hate me for this but I seriously do ship them, not even joking.  One thing you will notice in a lot of my ships is that I like when they play with the trope and the girl is the heroic one and I feel like these two fall into that. Plus I like the idea that they met in a Fear Street support group where they were like "BITCH, I GOT FUCKED UP IN TWO BOOKS!"



Other Ships


Veronica and Logan in Veronica Mars

  • This is another example of the female being the hero. But also, their love story is epic spanning years and continents, ruined lives and bloodshed, because they don't write songs about the ones that are easy.



Leslie Knope & Ben Wyatt- Parks and Recreation

  • I identify hardcore with these two, like I am a weird combination of Leslie and Ben. So them getting together felt like validation. Plus they are just so damn cute.



Kaz & Inej- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

  • In terms of most romances, I like a slowburn. And this relationship is quite the slowburn. These two had me wanting them to get together for so long that even them holding hands felt like the sweetest and most romantic thing.



Katniss and Peeta- The Hunger Games

  • I'm adding this one to the list because because there was so much discussion of Team Peeta or Team Gale and this was a time where it was so rare for me to ship a couple that is actually endgame. I've blocked out all my ships that never sailed but this one I remember.



Ronan & Adam- The Raven Cycle by Maggie Steifvater


  • This one is fresh in my mind because the title and cover for the new Ronan book was just released. But I was not initially a shipper of these two but then when I saw the subtle clues of their feelings I was in it hardcore. So much so that I even fell down a fan art rabbit hole.



Talk to us!!  What are your OTPs??  Do you have any non-canon ships??  Are you a Pacey/Joey, Dylan/Brenda person?? (Hahahah, what am I saying, of course you are!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment